Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lovely Me


I remember when I was a child, I wanted to be someone else. Anybody else but me! Celebrities, classmates, etc. I was not happy with who I was. My skin color was wrong, my hair was the wrong color, damn near everything.I know other kids go through this as well but at the time, I thought I was the only one. I am an adult now, and although I am not 100% happy with myself (yet),I realize there is only one me. I am unique and God created me just how he wanted. I remember years ago, a friend of my family committed suicide because he wasn't happy with the way he looked. At that time, it didn't mean as much to me as it does now. Lately, I realize what a big mistake he made. If he would have held on a little longer,God would have shown him how beautiful he really was. And have you ever noticed the so - called "ugliest" people have the best personalities? (Just putting that out there)So don't let a few pimples or an ugly birthmark get you down. Start looking beyond the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment